What’s the most expensive land in Kenya? You’ve probably guessed it right – it’s in Upper Hill. I scrapped land listings data from lamudi.co.ke, property24.co.ke, and villacarekenya.com to study the relative cost of land in the country. To have a standard measure, I calculated the average cost of an acre of land in different neighborhoods. The diagram below shows ranked land prices.
- Upper Hill still leads in average cost per acre at Kshs. 500 million
- Nairobi West joins the cluster of high demand commercial areas
- Cost of land in Lavington is almost the same as Imara Daima
- Average cost of land in Lamu is the same as Karen
- Cheapest land in Nairobi is in Ruai at Kshs. 1 million/acre